Our Home Away from Home
Our accommodations will be the lovely Bishop’s House, rooted on Iona’s shores since 1894. Welcoming guests for over a century, it is the oldest retreat house on the island. Overlooking the sea, and located within easy walking distance to the Iona Abbey, the Bishop’s House is an ideal setting for our retreat.
The beautiful St. Columba Chapel in the heart of the Bishop’s House welcomes people of all faiths and those who may consider themselves ‘spiritual, but not religious’, providing round-the-clock space for contemplative practice, and daily worship.
The House offers a wonderful library with a cozy fireplace, a community dining room, and a bright and welcoming gathering space for retreat groups. The Bishop’s House is affiliated with the Scottish Episcopal Church.